Ms. Shayan joined the firm in 2010 as a litigation associate in the firm’s Southern California office. She specializes in complex civil litigation, specializing in health care litigation and insurance coverage issues. She represents major California health care providers in state and federal civil actions, mediations, and arbitrations against health plans, insurance companies, and government entities. Litigated issues typically involve interpretation of California’s Knox-Keene Act, the federal Employee Retirement Income and Security Act (“ERISA”), the federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (“EMTALA”), as well as general contract and other business disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Shayan’s practice included estate planning, fiduciary, estate, trust and conservatorship litigation, and estate administration.
While in law school, Ms. Shayan was a member of the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review. She served as a note and comment editor from 2008-2009.
Finally, Ms. Shayan was nominated as a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” from 2013-2018.
- California, 2009
- Washington, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2012
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 2010
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 2010
- United States District Court of the Easter District of California, 2012
- United States District Court of the Southern District of California, 2012
Beverly Hills Bar Association