Ms. Jiao returned to the firm in June 2019 as a litigation associate in the firm’s Southern California office. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation matters involving health care reimbursement and insurance coverage issues. She represents major California acute care providers in state and federal civil actions, arbitrations, mediations, settlement negotiations and other reimbursement disputes between health plans and health care providers.
Ms. Jiao has also represented health care providers in cases based in negligence, intentional misconduct, statutory violations, and cases involving catastrophic injuries and punitive damages.
During law school, Ms. Jiao specialized in health care compliance, fraud and abuse matters, HIPAA, and other state and federal regulations, working at two well-known health insurance companies.
In 2019 and 2020, Ms. Jiao was selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star list for Southern California.
- California, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, pending
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 2013
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2015
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 2015
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 2015
“The Long Road Ahead for Transparency in Health Care” American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM)- The Journal of Healthcare Administrative Management (Spring 2016).