Representation & Advocacy for Healthcare Providers
Healthcare providers are extremely efficient in resolving 85-90% of payor disputes. However, the constant influx of denials and other managed care issues allow the remaining unpaid accounts to lay dormant as they age or are transferred to a self-pay classification. Today, cash flow considerations require a healthcare provider to bill and timely conclude third-party receivables. SAC provides representation, advocacy, research/analysis, communication and consultation on all payor issues. Most unpaid accounts are due to billing errors or eligibility concerns such as:
- Erroneous pre-existing condition rejections
- Improper exclusion of benefits
- Wrongful denials of insurance – based on medical necessity, level of care, length of stay, coverage issues, et al.
- Improper contract interpretation
- Inappropriate payment determination for services rendered based on errors in interpreting contractual terms and conditions
At the Los Angeles and San Francisco offices of Stephenson, Acquisto & Colman, our attorneys represent clients throughout California: Bakersfield, Burbank, Fresno, Fullerton, Glendale, Laguna Beach, Long Beach, Los Angeles,Newport Beach, Oakland, Oceanside, Orange, Pasadena, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica