Ms. Park joined the firm in 2016 as an associate in the firm’s San Diego office. She specializes in healthcare litigation and insurance coverage issues. She represents major California healthcare providers in state and federal civil actions, mediations, and arbitrations against health plans, insurance companies and government entities. Litigated issues typically involve interpretation of California’s Knox-Keene Act, the federal Employee Retirement Income and Security Act (“ERISA”), the federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (“EMTALA”), as well as general contract disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Park’s practice included business litigation, personal injury and medical malpractice and healthcare business transactions. She also worked as a law clerk at two major healthcare systems including Palomar Health and Sharp Healthcare.
While in law school, Ms. Park was a research assistant in a Health Law Publication Project for Dean Steven Smith from 2013 to 2014. She was a co-producer of the Law Review Podcast and the junior editor of the Health Law Society Bulletin. Additionally, she was the president of Christian Legal Society, CWSL Chapter, and the vice president of Health Law Society.
Finally, Ms. Park is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She has been practicing as a licensed acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist before she began her legal career.
- Alaska, 2018
- Arizona, 2018
- California, 2016
- Idaho, 2017
- Illinois, 2019
- Iowa, 2018
- Massachusetts, 2019
- New Mexico, 2019
- Oregon, 2018
- New York, 2018
- Washington, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2016
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 2016
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 2016
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of California, 2016
- United States District Court of the Southern District of California, 2016
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Courts of Idaho, 2017
- The American Association of Healthcare Administration Management (Certified Revenue Cycle Professional)
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Christian Legal Society